We are currently looking for a Sustainability and Energy Consultant to join our Energy and Environment team, to assist our Associates with delivering our sustainability-related consultancy projects. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and growing team whose focus is on supporting clients with delivering high quality projects, which enable them to operate buildings efficiently, safely and sustainably.
The broad scope of the role will be to:
• Assist with the preparation of energy and sustainability strategies on projects.
• Carry out environmental modelling and building analysis to support energy and CO2 calculations, overheating assessments and thermal modelling to comply with various environmental assessments (UK Building Regulations-Part L compliance, BREEAM. LEED, WELL etc).
• Assist with daylight, sunlight and wind assessments reports for planning.
• Assist with the team’s research projects, including desktop-based research, evidence collection, and the preparation of report text and graphical material.
• Environmental or sustainability-related Masters qualification.
• Building modelling expertise, fluency in IES for carrying out dynamic thermal simulations preferred.
• 3D modelling skills (Revit or AutoCAD).
• Familiarity with sustainability and energy strategies for residential and non-residential buildings, ideally with fluency in issues such low energy design, energy modelling, renewable energy technologies, low carbon heating systems, net zero carbon (operational and embodied), thermal comfort analysis, environmental design, Passivhaus, water and waste management, ecology and biodiversity.
• Experience with graphic design packages such as Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
• Experience in parametric modelling/generative design with a focus on environmental design applications.
• Experience in data analysis using Excel or PowerBI.
Other Skills & Attributes
• Passion for sustainability and the environment
• Creative, innovative and resourceful
• Efficient and organised, with good time management skills
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team
• Enthusiasm and a willingness to learn
• Strong communication, report writing and presentation skills
Salary and benefits are competitive.
Please send a CV to: Recruitment@prp-co.uk, quoting reference PRPLON_JSC.
PRP is an equal opportunities employer.