We are looking for an experienced Site Inspector with a strong background in fire safety / building regulations to join our busy Development Consultancy (DC) team based out of our London studio. Reporting to an Associate Director and with the support of the surrounding DC functions, this is a great opportunity to be part of a growing team. The Development Consultancy has a thriving pipeline of work assisting clients in building and façade investigations, EWS1 forms, Fire Risk Assessments (FRAs), developing Safety Cases and the Digital Record, proposed by the Fire Safety and Building Safety Bills. This involves existing stock portfolios and new build projects.
Ideal candidates will have tall residential building experience, with expertise / experience of inspecting fire safety measures in new build and construction projects and of working to high quality construction standards. Strong technical knowledge is key, rather than focussing on finishing. A high level of technical understanding of Building regulations, NHBC standards, high rise construction, façades and combustible materials is necessary.
- Carry out Façade and Internal Fire Safety investigations / Fire Risk Assessments (FRAs) - and prepare written reports with photographs using agreed templates.
- Carry out regular inspections of construction projects - both refurbishment and new build - and prepare written reports with photographs using agreed templates.
- Carry out inspections at key construction stages and record findings photographically using dedicated software.
- Carry out inspections of agreed construction details and record findings photographically using dedicated software.
- Carry out reviews of actual products being used on site and determine whether achieve a satisfactory level of performance and record findings photographically using dedicated software.
- Review drawings and comment on compliance issues.
- Checking As Built drawings against the as-built condition.
Qualification & Memberships:
- Qualified to NVQ Level 6 Site Inspection, HNC, HND or a construction-related degree
- Membership to one of the following: RICS CIOB CABE MIFireE ICWCI
- Registered on a recognised Fire Risk Assessors register (desirable)
- Current Site Visitor CSCS card
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent report writing skills
- Detailed knowledge of residential construction
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Strong Building Regulations knowledge and expertise
- Technical knowledge of construction detailing on residential high-rise buildings with particular focus on:
- Fire Safety
- Previous inspecting passive fire protection detailing both internal and external with particular experience of fire collars, fire stopping and cavity barriers (desirable)
- A good number of years’ experience carrying out a similar role on residential construction projects plus experience of High Risk Residential Buildings (HRRBs) and their facades
- Assertive, methodical with good attention to detail
- Calm under pressure with strong interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills
- Able to work under pressure and be able to deliver to deadlines
- Strong communicator
Salary and benefits are very competitive.
To apply please send a CV to: email@example.com, using reference PRPLON_SI.
PRP is an equal opportunities employer.