We are currently looking for a Site Inspector from an approved inspector background, to join our thriving Development Consultancy (DC) team based out of our London studio. Reporting to an Associate Site Inspector charged with growing the team and with the support of surrounding DC functions, this is a great time to come on board. The Development Consultancy has a thriving pipeline of work assisting clients in developing future safety case reviews and the digital record, following recommendations made within Dame Judith Hackitts Report, Building a Safer Future. This involves existing stock portfolios and new build projects.
Ideal candidates will have tall residential building experience, with expertise/experience of inspecting fire safety measures in new build and construction projects and of working to high quality construction standards. Strong technical knowledge is key, rather than focussing on finishing. Also required is a high level of technical understanding of Building regulations, NHBC standards, high rise, facades and combustible materials.
- Review drawings and comment on buildability issues
- Carry out regular inspections of construction projects - both refurbishment and new build - and prepare written reports with photographs using agreed templates
- Carry out inspections at key construction stages and record findings photographically using dedicated software
- Carry out inspections of agreed construction details and record findings photographically using dedicated software
- Carry out reviews of actual products being used on site to compare with list of agreed products and record findings photographically using dedicated software
- Checking As Built drawings against the as-built condition
Skills and knowledge:
- Detailed knowledge of residential construction
- Ability to read construction drawings
- Building Control and Approved Inspector background
- Detailed knowledge of construction detailing on residential high rise buildings with particular focus on:
- Building Regulations
- Concrete frame buildings
- Previous experience inspecting passive fire protection detailing both internal and external with particular experience of fire collars, fire stopping and cavity barriers (Desirable)
- Assertive, methodical with good attention to detail
- Calm under pressure with strong interpersonal skills
- Good time management skills
- Able to work under pressure and be able to deliver to deadlines
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Current Site Visitor CSCS card
- Min 10 years' experience carrying out similar role on residential construction projects (Desirable)
- Tertiary qualification that covered construction detailing (not necessarily at degree level) (Desirable)
Ideally, candidates will also be:
+ Qualified to NVQ Level 6 Site Inspection, HNC/HND or a construction related degree
+ Membership to one of the following: CQI RICS CIOB CABE ICWCI
+ Experience of High Risk Residential Buildings (HRRBs) and their Facades.
Salary offered is competitive.
To apply please send a CV to: email@example.com.
Please use reference: PRPDC_SI.
PRP is an equal opportunities employer.